It’s really difficult to keep up with all that happens in educational technology. This is my attempt to make it just a little easier. I post a Treasure Chest every Sunday!
- How Twitter + iOS 5 Will Change Mobile Apps–A deep integration of Twitter and iOS 5 was among the many things announced by Apple today but it’s not just that you’ll be able to post to Twitter from inside official Apple apps like photos and maps
- iOS 5 Explained: The New Features & The Implications of Apple’s Latest Mobile OS–Today’s keynote at WWDC, Apple’s developer conference included a number of major announcements, including an update to the Mac OS, its new cloud service and MobileMe replacement iCloud, and – the “one more thing” – its new music matching service for iTunes
- Texts, Tweets and To Dos: What’s New in iOS 5–The latest version of the iOS has finally been announced, and it has a bundle of new features — more than 200, by Apple’s count.
- Creative Education’s Lesson Plan Search Engine | The Creative Education Blog–We’ve created a lesson plan search engine to help you when you’re developing your lessons – give it a go!
- Superb Idea: Hire Teachers for Public Schools the Way We Hire Them for Private Schools – Education – GOOD–Districts like Washington D.C. are changing their hiring practices to ensuring only the most talented applicants get in front of kids
- Measuring Teacher Effectiveness: Are We Creating an Education Nightmare? — THE Journal–In our ongoing effort to overhaul teacher evaluations, we’re creating a potential disaster for education by adopting value-added models to rate the effectiveness of individual educators
- Teaching is the cushiest and most overpaid job, right? | The Edublogger–Earlier today I was introduced to one of the coolest ideas I’ve come across in a long while. With education reform debates raging on – and the…
- @Ozge and her amazing artist kiddies, a PLN interview | A journée in language–With now close to 20 PLN interviews and more on the way, I decided to do a second interview with a member of the Rockin’ Turkish PLN:
- 20 must know features and tricks on Youtube that you simply have to know–Youtube is the world’s biggest video sharing site but most people don’t get the most out of the service
- Brush Up Your AUP–Things to consider when updating acceptable use policies
- Dear Teacher who wasn’t on Twitter… « What Ed Said–I know you don’t see the point of Twitter. I know you think people should have a balanced life and not be online too much. I know you think a great deal of time is required to find resources and create connections.
- How Online Education Is Changing the Way We Learn [INFOGRAPHIC]–Online education is a $34 billion business. Here’s how it grew so fast — and why it’s so vital for modern-day students
- BBC News – Are children becoming ‘digitally illiterate’?–The UK’s video games sector is bigger than either its film or music industries with over £2 billion in global sales but some are warning that UK policies about gaming could be starving the industry of the talent it needs to thrive.
- 7 Fantastic Free Social Media Tools for Teachers–Do you want to use social media in your classroom but aren’t sure how to get started? These are our seven picks for great free tools to add to your lesson plan.
- Collaborize Classroom – Online Education Technology for Teachers and Students–Collaborize Classroom™ allows teachers to extend their classroom discussions and lesson plans to a structured and private online community.
- 40 Amazing Tools To Enhance Your Flickr Experience | Free and Useful Online Resources for Designers and Developers–Here, we are sharing 40 useful tools that let you explore your favorite photo sharing platform in a better way. These tools are based on Flicker API and are meant to improve the users’ Flickr journey. Enjoy!
- DesktopTweet: Tweet Pictures of your desktop directly to Twitter!–DesktopTweet is a small utility that allows users to take pictures of their monitor, and directly tweet them to Twitter!
- Add Grammar Checking to Windows Live Writer with After the Deadline–After The Deadline is an online tool that can check your text for both spelling and grammar errors. It is available as a Windows Live Writer plugin to help you perform grammar and spell checking from the blog editor itself.
- 3 Tools For Twitter People Search–This post on Twitter doesn’t tackle the real-time Twitter search – instead, it’s about search for people on Twitter by words they use in the Bio section. The tools below can have various possible applications. Check out the examples of possible searches for each of the tools here.
- Add Support for Hundreds of New Programs in CCleaner–CCleaner is a free system optimization, privacy, and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system, freeing up valuable hard drive space, allowing Windows to run faster. It also cleans traces of online activities, such as your Internet history and cookies.
- 10 Best Windows Video Converters For Free Download – 10 Free Video Converter for Windows | Ayushveda.com–From DVD players to your cell phones, there are innumerable options that allow you to enjoy watching videos wherever you are be it your home office or on the…
- 10 Free Web-based Alternatives to Photoshop–Check out these free web-based Photoshop alternatives:
- How To Embed Practically Anything On Your Blog or Website–If you want the hands-down, easiest way to embed practically anything on your blog or website, have we got a tool for you!
- How to Convert Files to a Different Format with Free Tools–A detailed guide to help you convert files to a different format (type) using free tools. You’ll learn how to convert documents, images, videos, music, ebooks and more.
- Google Apps in a Primary School – Getting Started guide – John McLear’s School Technology | John McLear’s School Techno–Google Apps is a Google provided alternative to a very popular Word processing and spreadsheet editing application frequently used in Primary Schools
- 9 Easy Ways To Never Get A Virus–It’s a curious fact that the people who are most worried about viruses get them more often. With a little basic training you can completely avoid the problem of viruses and malware, so you can calm down and enjoy the internet!
- Facebook changes privacy settings for millions of users – facial recognition is enabled | Naked Security–Do you want Facebook to know what you look like? Do you want Facebook to recommend to your friends that they should tag you in a photograph? If not, it’s time to change your privacy settings.
- Education Article :: 50 Ways to Use Twitter in the Classroom–The 50 tips and projects provide you and your students with 50 ways to incorporate Twitter into important and lasting lessons.
- How to Handle SLR Camera Basic Guide with Online SLR Camera Simulator–As an amateur, there will be lot of SLR controls to learn and before trying out direclty on your SLR camera, you can learn the settings and controls online through a SLR stimulator.
- Advanced Bing Search Tricks And Commands: Filter Bing Search Results–Here are some advanced Bing search tricks and tips you should learn, in order t filter Bing search results for a country, location or find better search results.
- How to Setup Remote Desktop in Windows 7–How to setup remote desktop in Windows 7. A tutorial by Vivek N. Windows remote desktop is a feature in Windows 7 that allows users to work on the…
- Free Technology for Teachers: Three Ways to Quickly Create Audio Messages for Your Blog–Adding an audio message to your classroom blog or website can be a good way to help deliver important messages to your students and their parents.
- 5 groovy Tricks and Tips to make Google Voice more Useful–Now that the hype has died down, many are left wondering what to do with the Voice account that they signed up for. Well, here’s a few things you can try out!
- How teachers Facebook & tweet for students | NetFamilyNews.org–There are probably as many ways to use these bare-bones social utilities as there are teachers, but it’s inspiring to look at a few examples.
- Post Pics to Twitter the Easy Way with Twitter’s Built-in Photo Service–Third party websites such as Twitpic and yFrog have quickly become just as popular as Twitter itself, because they have long been the easiest and most efficient way of tweeting pics. However, Twitter’s built-in pic support is here and ready to make some noise. Here is all you need to know about using Twitter’s exclusive photo sharing service.
- Embed YouTube Videos Without Logo: Remove YouTube Logo From Video Player–You can now embed YouTube videos without the logo. YouTube has introduced a new feature which lets you remove YouTube logo from it’s video player
- How to Embed YouTube Videos without the YouTube Logo–Learn how to embed YouTube videos in your web pages but after removing the YouTube logo from the Flash video player.
- Five ways readers are using iPads in the classroom | Curriculum | eSchoolNews.com–Whether you think it’s hot stuff or just fluff, the iPad has caught the eye of many educators. Here’s a list of five ways that eSchool News readers say they’re using iPads in the classroom.
- How to use your iPad as a secondary screen for your Mac | News | TechRadar UK–How to use your iPad as a secondary screen for your Mac Turn your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a Mac display
- Easy iPad Internet Filtering via OpenDNS–How to set up internet content filtering on iPad. This tutorial shows you how to protect your child’s mobile iPad device from adult content.
- Common Core Standards for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store–Learn more, read reviews, and download Common Core Standards by MasteryConnect on the iTunes App Store.
- 5 Free to-do Apps for iPad | Free Software–Here are 5 Free to-do Apps for iPad that let you create task lists so you never miss out on any important task. All these to-do iPad apps are completely free. Most of these to-do iPad apps also work on iPhone, and iPod Touch.
- 10 Best Free iPhone Apps For Ebook Reading – 10 Best And Free eBook Reader Apps For iPhone | Ayushveda.com–One of the favorite pastime of people with iPhone is, reading ebooks. And there are several superb apps that make this reading a lot more fun and enjoyable
- The Top 10 iPod Touch Apps for Math Teachers: Free iPod Touch Apps and Games–For teachers, the best free iPod Touch apps and games are the ones that students get the most use out of. This list compiles a collection of apps designed to do just that. My Top 10 iPod Touch Apps for Math Teachers has apps and games for students at elementary through high school. These are apps you can count on!
- How to Find iPad Content Fast Using Spotlight Search | iPad Academy–Flipping through multiple screens to find just the app you want can be a chore. Instead, search and find iPad contents using the Spotlight search tool
- British Classics on the iPad App (Free… For Now) | Open Culture–We told you this was coming, and now it’s here. The British Library has started to release 60,000+ texts from the 19th century in digital format
- Web Browsers on the iPad: A Review of Your Choices – iPads in Education–People spend about a third of their iPad usage time surfing the web (1). The default browser on the iPad is Apple’s Safari browser and frankly, it doesn’t matc…
- Creating Content with iPads – #edtech #elearning #ipad | School Technology Ideas–I am sick of people saying that the iPad is for consuming and not creating online digital content. There is no doubt that the iPad is a great device to browse…
- How to fix iPod, iPhone and iPad problems | News | TechRadar UK–How to fix iPod, iPhone and iPad problems What to do if something goes wrong with your iOS device : TechRadar UK
- 10 Reasons to Take Learning Outside the Classroom | The Creative Education Blog–There are a huge range of benefits to taking learning outside the classroom, you’ll end up with pupils who are engaged, motivated and learning fast!
- 7 Reasons To Leverage Social Networking Tools in the Classroom | Emerging Education Technology–Instructional uses of social networking software can provide opportunities for learning, connecting, and engagement…
- 20+ Best Websites for Free Clipart–Clip art, in the graphic arts, refers to pre-made images used to illustrate any medium
- Personal Experience to: Dealing with Online Content Theft–(Personal experience of Darren Stevens) Online content theft is, unfortunately, a common incident these days
- Why I Switched from Evernote to Simplenote | Digitizd–I’ve written 1,000 or so posts on this site over the last few years, and the most popular topic I’ve written about, both in number of times I’ve covered it and the traffic it’s brought here to Digitizd, is Evernote.
- The Day I Found My Voice | Cybrary Man–Don’t laugh, but for the first twenty years of my teaching career I was a really good boy. I did what I was told and never argued with any of my…
- 10 Best Websites To Create Your Blog For Free – 10 Best Blogging Sites and Platforms | Ayushveda.com–Blogging is growing day by day and there are many platforms which allow people to blog without spending a penny. If you are passionate about blogging…
- 4 Best And Free Online Apps Alternatives To Google Docs – 4 Best Free Online Web Applications | Ayushveda.com–When it comes to offline word processing, the first service which comes in our mind is Microsoft Office Suite which we are using from many years.
- Textify.it Turns Your Photos into Impressionist Art – Gizmodo–Look, we all love Instagram photo filters, but that’s kind of the thing: we all love Instagram. We need some diversity in the photo filter landscape. Textify.it turns your photos into impressionist art using colored text, with your choice of font…
- Google Adds Two New Features on YouTube Videos | Search Engine Journal–YouTube is no small matter to the success of Google. Beyond the ability to integrate video with numerous other Google services…
- A Video Illusion: Can You Spot the Change? | Open Culture–We’re a bit embarrassed to admit that it took us three times to spot the change in this fascinating video illusion at New Scientist, even after reading…
YouTube – Audioboo to Posterous–Using Audioboo iphone app to upload an audio message that is rendered in a Posterous blog
- 66 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest June 5, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 61 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest May 29, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 68 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest May 22, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 70 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest May 15, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 89 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest Mother’s Day 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 67 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest April 17, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 66 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest May 1, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 58 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest April 10, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)
- 46 EdTech Resources You May Have Missed – Treasure Chest April 3, 2011 (jeffthomastech.com)