Leo Laporte does a great job of explaining why you need your own site/blog in addition to Twitter/Facebook/Buzz etc. Since Leo is the most prolific tech podcaster out there, this segment generated a lot of buzz. (No pun intended!) Anybody who has followed my tweets knows that I think Twitter is invaluable. I can also get a lot of information and banter from Facebook. However, I do like the fact that I “own” this blog and that there is a permanent record of what I’m doing that is mine!
This clip is part of his The Tech Guy vodcast. Clicking play will take you to the interesting part on social media and blogs. I always listen to his shows as much as possible. Although it seems long, this video is the condensed version from 4 hours during the weekend of August 21 and 22. Leo does 40 hours of podcasting per week from his TWIT network.
via Joy of Tech
Related articles by Zemanta
- TWiT’s Leo Laporte loses faith in social media (thenextweb.com)
- Buzz Kill – Something happened tonight that made me question … (Leo Laporte/LOL: The Life of Leo) (techmeme.com)
- Podcaster Leo Laporte, the everywhere man (Mark Milian/L.A. Times Tech Blog) (techmeme.com)
- Exclusive: Backupify Featured on TWiT with Leo Laporte (backupify.com)
- What is the value of the social web? (colinwalker.me.uk)
- Back to Blogging? (everwas.com)
- Hey Leo, we *like* social media! – LiveSide housekeeping update (liveside.net)
- Leo Laporte’s TWiT Making Millions From Ads and Fans (newteevee.com)
- “Why Leo Laporte is disillusioned with social media” and related posts (therawfeed.com)
- Leo Laporte – Buzz Kill (andrewspittle.net)