- The Best TED Talks To Make Use Of Social Media–This list of TED speeches features quite a few of the leading thinkers in social media, some of whom have also written free ebooks on social networking.
- 100 Apps for Tech-Savvy Teachers–From Early Childhood Education apps to Business Management apps, here is a collection of 100 web and iPhone tools that make the grade for tech–savvy teachers:
- Teacher LED-All Interactive Whiteboard Resources–Interactive Whiteboard Resources for Teachers. A variety of free, easy to use IWB resources, for teaching a variety of subjects.
- 7 Fun Facebook Video Conferencing and Chat Apps–Some of the nicest video chat and conferencing apps on the Facebook platform
- Search Engines for Students–Public page from ansercharter – Netvibes
- 12 Coolest Search Engines You’ve Never Heard Of–Here are some cool niche specific search engines too which do an excellent job in getting the information from a specific niche.
- 10 cool Twitter visualisation tools–10 cool Twitter visualisation tools Turn tweets into animations, graphs and glyphs
- My Most Used iPad Apps and Links List–Here are some of the icons/apps/links that I most frequently use.
- 75 really useful iPad tips and tricks–75 really useful iPad tips and tricks Save time using your new iPad with these handy tips
- 101 Great Sites for Social Studies Class–A list of the best free online sites for teachers of government, history, economics, psychology and other social studies disciplines.
- Dropbox Tips for Teachers: Why You Must Get Dropbox!–Find new ways to share, sync and backup your files with these Dropbox tips for teachers
- Free Technology for Teachers: How to Create a Facebook Group for Your Classes…–Here is a simple tutorial on how to create a Facebook community group for your classes.
- Alfie Kohn: What Passes for School Reform: “Value-Added” Teacher Evaluation and Other Absurdities–Does the value-added model provide valid and reliable information about teachers (and schools)? Most experts in the field of educational assessment say, Good heavens, no.
- Blog from Anywhere Instantly With Posterous – How-To Geek–Do you find it too difficult to keep your blog updated? Let’s take a quick look a Posterous, an increasingly popular hosted blog system that lets you post anything to your blog by simply sending an email.
- Publish your PowerPoint Presentations to YouTube–Learn about a free online service that will convert your PowerPoint slides to video and uploads them to YouTube directly.
- 5 Search Engines To Find & Download Free Mobile Apps–A search engine is just the right tool that can help us connect to mobile content, mobile downloads, and mobile apps from one search box.
- Dropbox Tools ~ Chris Pirillo–Dropbox is a free service which allows you to easily share files online with any number of people. There are tools available to make the most out of your experience.
- Sites for Teachers –Sites For Teachers — Hundreds of Educational Websites Ranked by Popularity.
- Check the Current Online Status of all Social Networks and APIs–Social DownorNot is a public dashboard that displays the current system status of all the popular social networking websites in near real-time.
- VocabGrabber : Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus–VocabGrabber lets you automatically create lists of vocabulary from any text.
- Students, Ownership, & Creativity: 35 Resources | Teacher Reboot Camp –Part of the Cool Sites series My students love creating!
Watch as a book-loving ape and a tech-savvy donkey exchange words…from bestselling author Lane Smith
Related articles by Zemanta
- Dropbox Rocks! (areweconnected.com)
- Piloting iPads in library settings | Not So Distant Future (futura.edublogs.org)
- Fee vs free: the best iPad apps (econsultancy.com)
- 10 Must Have iPad Apps for Students and Teachers (distance-education.org)
- Top Ten iPad Apps for Librarians | Information Tyrannosaur (andyburkhardt.com)