I tweeted earlier today of the effects of radiation on the human body:
I’m trying to follow what’s happening in Japan as closely as possible and found this nice infographic from LiveScience about the Fukushima nuclear reactor. It was built in the 60′s!!!
In addition, Larry Ferlazzo has put together another one of his great lists: The Best Sites For Learning About The Japan Earthquake & Tsunami
Unbelievably, I have met people who are totally unaware of what’s going on in Japan! Do any of your students fit into this same category?
- Nuclear reactors in Japan (guardian.co.uk)
- Map Reveals Status of Japan’s 54 Nuclear Reactors (scientificamerican.com)
- Pressure rises again in Japan reactor (cbsnews.com)
- Nuclear Reactors Situation Explained to Kids (kal01.com)
- Japan backs off from venting of leaking nuclear reactor (theglobeandmail.com)